As part of EPIC’s visitor experience, the Irish Family History Centre offers an exciting way for visitors to search for their Irish ancestors, discover their own unique family story and explore Irish heritage. Knowing who you are and where you come from is something we feel everyone should get excited about. We want you to unearth your Irish roots in the most memorable way you can. The Irish Family History Centre uses the latest genealogical research and digital technologies to bring this journey out of the past and into the present.
The centre is open 7 days a week from 10:00 – 17:00, and is located to the left as you exit EPIC, or at the rear of the EPIC Gift Store.
The Irish Family History Centre will allow visitors to:
• Sit with a genealogy expert for a 15-minute consultation
• Use interactive display screens to engage and uncover more about your Irish roots
• Observe Ireland’s Emigration and Migration
• Play our fun quiz to test your knowledge on Ireland
• Take a seat at one of our workstations where you can sign up to the Irish Family History Centre website and join our online community
• Access records on FindMyPast.ie where you will be able to search through the largest number of Irish family history records such as: Birth, Marriage and Death records; Census records; Parish records; travel and migration records
All visitors to the Irish Family History Centre will receive a complimentary pack when they leave, which will include:
• Information relating to different websites and places that will help you with your research around Dublin
• 1 month’s FREE world subscription to FindMyPast.ie (worth €14.95), with access to over 100 million Irish records
• 1 month’s FREE subscription to IrishFamilyHistoryCentre.com (worth €10), with unlimited access to their research libraries, webinars
You can also enjoy shopping in the retail area where you will find:
• Books on surnames and other genealogy related topics
• Family Tree DNA Kits
• A Selection of souvenirs for you to treasure
After visiting The Irish Family History Centre, we hope you will have learnt something new about your Irish Ancestors and did so in a new and engaging way.
About the Irish Family History Centre
The Irish Family History Centre, operated by Eneclann Ltd., is an award-winning history and heritage company based in Dublin, Ireland. Founded in 1998, the Trinity College Campus Company has become the largest historical and genealogical research and consultancy service in Ireland, with tens of thousands of clients worldwide. The company pride themselves on providing a high-quality family history research service to clients in Ireland and overseas.
They are known for having traced President Barack Obama’s Irish ancestry to the late 17th century and the company’s research has featured in programmes such as ‘Who Do You Think You Are?’ as well as the successful T.V. series ‘Faces of America’ (2010), and ‘Finding Your Roots’ (2012). The company has also traced the Irish roots of celebrities such as Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Jeremy Irons, Steve Colbert, and Graham Norton.